We are scheduled to launch the redesigned LR website August 3-5, 2021.
Listed below is a rough timeline for the redesign project, including the following phases: experience design, content development and migration, site development, training, site deployment and launch.
During the experience design phase of the project we develop the structure of the website (sitemap), begin design explorations, move onto development of a website pattern library and component library, site templates and design of the homepage. Not included below are the many different review and approval milestones for both BarkleyREI and LR.
- Sitemap and Persona Development – October 1-30, 2020
- Sitemap Testing with LR Students – October 21-26, 2020
- Site Map Revisions – through November 6, 2020
- Website Wireframes – November 6-December 3, 2020
- Design Explorations – November 5-December 4, 2020
- Pattern Library & Component Library – December 7, 2020-February 2, 2021
- Template Mapping – February 3-March 10, 2021
- Homepage design – March 10-April 12, 2021
Content Development & Migration
We are estimating the new website will have 500-1,000 pages at site launch. Site content writing and editing will take place January 11-May 14, 2021. We will be using a tool called GatherContent to track content writing and development
- Content Strategy – November 9, 2020-January 6, 2021
- Web Personalization and User Journeys – November 23-December 4, 2020
- Client Content Creation/Aggregation – January 11-May 14, 2021
- Content Migration to Drupal CMS – May 17-June 30, 2021
Website Coding & Development
- Drupal CMS Set Up in Hosting Environment – January 7, 2021
- Static Development – Component Library – February 4-March 10, 2021
- Interior Template Development – March 11-April 15, 2021
- Integration – Templates and Components – April 8-May 17, 2021
- Homepage Development – April 16-June 11, 2021
Drupal CMS Training
This training is for Marketing and Communications staff. Training for LR website content authors (power users) won’t start until sometime in the fall once the digital staff have developed training modules and user documentation.
- Website Governance Plan and Workflow – June 3-30, 2021
- Drupal CMS Training – June 3-July 2, 2021
Site Deployment & Launch
We are tentatively planning a two-week beta review of the website (or preview) that will allow LR content owners an opportunity to review their pages and submit content changes. Content owners will also see their content during the content development stage of the project.
- Site Deployment – July 5-August 2, 2021
- Site Launch – August 3-5, 2021